Pages

Saturday 12 April 2014

Dinner With The Dead

Jane Austen by Ben Sutherland (CC BY 2.0)  


If I could have dinner with someone from the past, who would it be? Interesting question. I have a lot of people I admire from the past. Poets, artists, musicians, but after thinking about it long and hard I think I would like to meet Jane Austen.


In Writing by matsuyuki (CC BY-SA 2.0)   


Why? Because I am a great fan of her novels. She is brilliant author. For someone who loves writing as much as me, she is a hero!

Spaghetti All' Arrabbiata by Sebastian Mary (CC BY-SA 2.0)                   


What would we eat? I think that I would have something like spaghetti or tortellini. They both seem like rather a grand meal to eat and they are so yummy. It just seems right!

Halfway House Restaurant, Cabins and Service Station, U. S. Dixie Highway #25, Williamstown, Kentucky by Boston Public Library (CC BY 2.0)


Where would we eat it? At some grand famous restaurant. We would sit at a quiet table at the back and chat our way through dinner.

Talk 2 The Hand by Maryam Abdulghaffar (CC BY 2.0)
 
What would we do after dinner? Why chat some more of course. I would try and get all the writing tips I could. Why go to a movie or party when you can talk about writing?


austen and Austin by jlodder (CC BY 2.0)


What would be my most important question to ask Jane Austen? Where her ideas came from. What inspired her novels. I always wonder about where authors get their inspiration. It would be so interesting to find out what inspired every novel in the world.


1920s Flounced Ball Gown by Sacheverelle (CC BY 2.0)  


What would I wear? I think I would wear a beautiful ball gown. Something pretty that isn't too hot. I would probably wear flat shoes as I hate heels.

Would anyone else be there? No! I wouldn't want anyone else there because they might change the subject from what I would like to talk about.

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated!