Pages

Saturday 12 April 2014

Concerning BBQ Sauce

 
Life is full of hard decisions. You have to decide whether you would rather enjoy things you love and be different or to give them up and fit in. I face this choice every time we have sausages and burgers.
 
Why? You ask. Well you see everyone in my family, except Nathaniel and me, like tomato sauce and dislike BBQ sauce. We like BBQ sauce better than tomato sauce though.
 
Every time we have these meals I have to decide whether to be like everyone else and have tomato sauce or have BBQ sauce which I like oh so much better.
 
I have to chose whether to be different, have a great meal and have everyone look at me like I am weird or to have tomato sauce, fit in and not have the best meal ever! Hard choice.
 
Luckily for me though I have mastered the art of ignoring my family. That way I don't have to fit in. I can be different and enjoy myself.
 
As I think about it, I realise I am very different from most people anyway. I have short hair, braces and an annoying mole on one cheek. I like eating ice cream straight from the tub, I adore peanut butter and jam sandwiches (peanut butter and jelly if you are in the USA), I wear dangly cat earrings, I normally wear skirts, I am interested in mythology and gods. There are so many things that make me different.
 
Is it always good to fit in? I don't think so. What would the world be like if we were all the same? I don't really want to imagine it.
 
So BBQ sauce or tomato sauce? BBQ!
 
Which do you like better?
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated!