Pages

Thursday 10 April 2014

Chuck Me A Book

Sorry about the quality, I don't have a great camera


Today I want to share three of my top favourite books! Let's start with Ring of Five by Eoin McNamee.

I couldn't work out how to spin it!



This is an amazing book, the first in a trilogy (I haven't read the others yet). Its about this boy called Danny who gets kidnapped on his way to a new boarding school. He gets taken to a school for spies and gets trained as a spy. He has all the talents to be an amazing spy, including the talent to betray. Soon he finds himself on this amazing mission with his friends, Les the messenger, Vandra the physic and Dixie who is a bit of an airhead and has unsettling talents.

The second book in this series is called The Unknown Spy. I think that there's one more after that, I'm not sure.

Can see make out the name?

The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan is a super amazing book! It beat all others. There has never been a book like it. Its the first book a huge series and it certainly starts the series off well:)

The Ruins of Gorlan is about this boy called Will who is an orphan. He got left outside the Ward of Baron Arald's (I think that was his name) fief when he was a baby. On choosing day, which is when all the children in the ward get excepted into a craft, Will tried to get into Battleschool, but he fails. Then just as he is about to despair about not being excepted anywhere, the ranger Halt say he would like Will to be his apprentice.

Its a very exciting book and I am afraid my description doesn't really do it justice. The book is one of the best ever written and if you are a fantasy fan (like me) you won't be able to put it down!

My copy is really old!
Redwall by Brian Jacques is about theses animals who live in this abbey. One day the abbey gets threatened by the evil one-eyes rat warlord, Cluny the Scourge. He tries to take over Redwall (the abbey). The peaceful animals of Redwall must fight back!

This book is wonderful, it isn't silly like I thought it would be. The accents I find most amusing, specially mole. If you like this book then you will like all the others in the series. What I like most about this series though is that each book is separate. You don't have to read them in order!
Well I hope you enjoyed reading this and that you will read these book (if you haven't already!)

-Kayla

P.S I hope you like my new profile picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated!